The Hall-Perrine Foundation

115 3rd Street SE, Suite 803
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401-1222
P. 319.362.9079  F. 319.362.7220
Your Subtitle text
History:

 The founders of THE HALL-PERRINE FOUNDATION
From left to right: Margaret Hall, Howard Hall, Margaret Lamey Hall, Irene Perrine and Beahl Perrine.


THE HALL-PERRINE FOUNDATION was incorporated in 1953 as the Hall Foundation. Donors and original board members were Howard Hall, founder and principal donor, his wife Margaret Douglas Hall, his mother Margaret Lamey Hall, his sister Irene Hall Perrine, and her husband Beahl T. Perrine. In 1995 the name of the Foundation was changed to The Hall-Perrine Foundation to reflect the important roles both families played in its development.


The Foundation was initially funded by Margaret L. Hall. Upon her death in 1958, she left a major portion of her estate to the Foundation. Howard Hall was a leader in the economic development of Cedar Rapids, bringing many industries to the city.


He and Margaret Hall were known as generous contributors to many causes and encouraged others to join them in supporting community services and organizations. Upon their deaths in 1971 and 1981, respectively, they left substantial portions of their estates to insure the continuance of the mission of the Foundation.

 

Throughout the history of the Foundation, Irene Hall Perrine and her husband Beahl T. Perrine, a distinguished attorney, gave direction and guidance to implementing its mission. Together, the late Mr. and Mrs. Perrine led a model life of commitment to the community. Their support of the Foundation in terms of both leadership and financial resources was legendary.

Web Hosting Companies